The San Gabriel Valley is one of the most ethnically diverse regions in the entire country and gives the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area much of its character. With 31 cities and 5 unincorporated communities, all of them unique, we are proud to service our friends and neighbors throughout this beautiful region of the southland.
But why choose Pasadena Smile Center over another San Gabriel dentist office? Our difference is that we practice holistic dentistry. We treat the patient as a whole physical system, not just teeth and gums. Infections, toxins and underlying decay can have an enormous impact on your health. Our goal is to address the long-term improvements in overall health that can be achieved with holistic dentistry.
The Pasadena Smile Center Difference
Our conservative approach to preserving your smile includes the use of safe materials, gentle and painless procedures and advanced techniques.
- Mercury fillings. We don’t use this metal due to patient fears, and the fact that the fillings create a pressure on the tooth that can weaken them. Instead we use tooth-colored composite fillings with excellent biocompatibility.
- Biocompatability of materials. Many dental practices do not test materials to see if they will cause a reaction in the body. We have onsite test equipment to measure this compatibility and use only what your body will accept in our fillings, materials for bridges, crowns and many other procedures.
- Root canal alternative. It’s the usual procedure for a badly decayed tooth, but our holistic technology offers a safer option: MTA vital pulp therapy. Why lose a natural tooth when you can keep it? Mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) pulp therapy is safer and considered by many to be healthier that traditional root canals.
- Dr. Niloufar Molayem is a leading authority on holistic dentistry and can offer an entire range of healthier solutions to your dental needs.
- Dr. Eric Cho is a highly regarded periodontist and implant specialist. Gum disease and missing teeth are treated by Dr. Cho in gentle and pain free procedures.
Our goal is to help everyone who walks through our doors maintain their healthy gums and teeth or to restore what disease or decay has taken away. Additionally, we are highly skilled at enhancing your smile with cutting-edge cosmetic dentistry procedures. Some of our many services include:
If you have unevenly spaced teeth, it can affect your confidence. When considering braces, it is well worth your time to find out about Invisalign – almost invisible tooth aligners. These aligners are custom created just for you, with a series of different trays that slowly shift your teeth into place.
The beauty of Invisalign is that they are virtually invisible and allow you to eat what you want and drink what you want – not the case with standard braces. While standard metal braces may be the right solution for some alignment problems, many can be resolved far more comfortably with Invisalign.
Are Invisalign Teeth Aligners Right for Me?
Many of our patients are surprised to discover that Invisalign aligners are similar in cost to standard braces. These clear aligners can resolve a range of teeth issues, including:
- Tooth Crowding: If your teeth are too close, it can affect dental and oral health, as they are difficult to clean.
- Gaps in Teeth: Invisalign can close gaps in teeth so your smile looks even and attractive.
- Overbite: If your upper teeth extend too far over your lower teeth, this is an overbite, which can often be corrected with Invisalign.
- Underbite: When the bottom teeth extend in front of the upper teeth, you have an underbite. To restore a healthy bite and achieve a higher level of oral and dental health, this should be corrected, and Invisalign aligners could be the most comfortable and effective option.
While some people are lucky enough to be born with straight, white, teeth, it can be rare. If you long for a smile that looks picture-perfect, you may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers. These wafer-thin, custom tooth restorations can resolve any of the following cosmetic issues:
- Gaps in teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Unevenly shaped or sized teeth
How Do Veneers Work?
For custom porcelain veneers, the first step is to prepare the teeth for the veneers. About .5 mm of your natural tooth structure is removed so that the veneers fit your teeth perfectly. An impression of your teeth is then created so the custom veneers perfectly match your other teeth. The custom veneers are placed in a second appointment, adhered to your teeth with a specialized dental adhesive so they are fixed in place. They look like your natural teeth – just far more attractive!
If you have lost a tooth, several teeth, or a full set of teeth, you deserve to find out more about dental implants. Implant technology continues to advance, with new ways to restore lost teeth that are more effective, attractive, and functional than ever before. At Pasadena Smile Center, we offer dental implants to suit any tooth loss problem, including:
- Restore a Single Tooth: If you have lost just one tooth, it can be restored with an implant that looks and works exactly like a natural tooth.
- Restore Multiple Teeth: In some cases, a patient has lost several teeth, which can be restored with custom implants, sturdy, long-lasting, and functional – just like real teeth.
- Full Arch Restoration: For patients who have lost a full set of teeth, top, bottom, or both, can have a full arch restored with custom implants. The implants are placed within the gums, and the set of fully functional, beautiful teeth anchored to the implants for a perfect smile.
Are you living with stained, dull, yellow or discolored teeth? At Pasadena Smile Center, we offer two types of professional teeth whitening: At home and in-office. What’s right for you? Let’s speak to you about your goals.
In-Office Teeth Whitening: In a single appointment of about one hour, you can change your dull, discolored, or stained teeth to a brilliant, gleaming smile. Planning a special occasion and want to look your best? Notice your teeth look dull and stained? Make an in-office teeth whitening part of your dental health regimen.
At Home Teeth Whitening: You have the option to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home with a custom in-home whitening kit. Customized trays are created to fit your teeth. Simply add the special gel to the tray, sit back and relax for about 30 minutes per day and you will soon see your teeth becoming brilliant, healthy white.
Schedule a Consultation
Our aim is to give you a smile that lasts a lifetime. We back up that goal with years of training in advanced holistic dentistry, cutting-edge technology, and a devotion to a gentle, pain free experience for each and every patient. Schedule a consultation today with one of top dentists San Gabriel has to offer.